“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
Roald Dahl in “The Minpins” (1991)
Another foray into the theme of linking music with literature. This time a quote from Roald Dahl in what was his final work. “The Minpins” was published in 1991 – just a few months after Dahl’s death at the age of 74. It was the only one of his books not illustrated by Quentin Blake.
The quote is, of course, true to the core. Who among us hasn’t experienced the magic that is found in our everyday existence? Perhaps these songs will help along the way….
- “The Magical Mystery Tour” – The Beatles
- “Magical World” – The Rotary Connection (incl. – Minnie Riperton on vocals)
- “What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
- “Life Is Beautiful” – Keb’ Mo’
- “Magic In the Air” – Badly Drawn Boy